Tuesday, April 17, 2007

Tuesday Freebie!...


I just got some new photos yesterday and this lovely was in the group. On the back it says:

J.H. Nolan,
Photographist,
Waterville, N.Y.
This Negative Preserved.
1865

Feel free to copy and use it in your art. The only thing I ask is that you let me see it:) The original is a little faded. You might want to darken it in Photoshop. I thought it would make a good Mother's Day something. I am just in LOVE with the little off the shoulder dressses the girls wore at that time. Thank you for your well wishes for the baby. We are off to the doctor this morning.
Oh, and this is why you will never see any clever baked goods or beautifully presented meals on my blog. I don't like to cook and I have proof. I found that GROWING in the back of my pantry. I guess I have a green thumb after all! I also may be a chemist, because I think I may have the cure for the plague in the back of my fridge.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful picture! Thanks for sharing it with us!
I don't like to cook either. hehehehehe Microwavable meals, that's what I usually get. LOLOLOLOL
I only cook sometimes if I REALLY REALLY have to.Glad that I'm not the only one.
*HUGS*

Tricia said...

thank you for sharing the photograph. i love the little girl!

jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

MaMa is the one with the short black haie on the end,It was a hard life but rewarding,because of our way of life and my mama I AM THE ARTIST i AM TODAY,THE LEGECY SHE TOUGHT AND LEFT BEHIND,our traditions and lots and lots of love AND A HUGE CLOSE FAMILY.I am adding lots of old photos in my book,feel free to use the old family photo in art if you wont.I am going to a studio and have it redone and maybe just a bit darken,havent decided yet.

Lori said...

Thanks for sharing the great photo.
Hope everything goes well at the doctor visit and your baby is better soon.
The "nose issue"/rhinoplasty went well and the patient is recovering nicely, thanks for your comments. They WERE helpful.

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Hope everything goes well with the little mister. I remember it all too well. It does get better, my guy is 6 now, and you'd never know that he was ever on a neb. Lots of positive vibes for you guys.

Awesome photo, I always wish I could see the colors in those old B&Ws, the people in them always seem so surreal!

Matroskin said...

Your collages are great. You make really inspiring things - lovely colours too. What an interesting blog.

Tammy said...

thanks for the pic!
I have a pantry with deep shelves...there is no telling what's back there...lol!

jessielavon@yahoo.com said...

ITS A FRONT PORCH PARTY!

IT'S A FRONT PORCH PARTY!
I am going to have a front porch party on the morning of April 30th.
so come on over and sat a spell.
bring your mountain dew ,coffee or what ever,cracker pie or anything else even art work. Just bring y'alls selvs.
ALL Y'ALL HAVE TO DO IS LEAVE A COMMENT TO THIS POST BETWEEN TONIGHT AND BY 8 A.M ON THE 30TH AND I WILL DRAW A NAME ON THE 30TH AND THE WINNER WILL GET A FREE PAINTING OF CHOISE.
TITLES Y'ALL CAN CHOOSE FROM ARE ON MY EARLY POST A FEW WAYS DOWN POST THAT SHOWS ALL MY WORK.
IT WILL BE A 11"X 8" SO LEAVE THEM COMMENTS SWEETPEAS.
FOR EVERY 50 DIFFERENT COMMENTS EACH A DIFFERENT PERSON/BLOGGER THERE WILL BE A WINNER UP TO 200 COMMENTS.. LETS GET READY FOR A PARTY DARLINGS.

The drawing will be right after I have my meds,see to my auggie and tucker and my garden.

Anonymous said...

LOL!! IS that garlic? You otta throw that puppy in some dirt. Maybe you'll grow a garlic tree. lollol!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails