Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Ahhh, Perfect Day So Far....


Ever just have one of those mornings that are perfect and everything goes so nicely? This is one of those days for me. I got the kids off to school (little man goes two mornings a week) and I stopped by the bank. There has been a birds nest I have been eyeing for months and today I decided to crawl in the underbrush and get it. That little Mama Bird must have been a fiber artist! She had cotton, dryer lint, a dryer sheet, an old shoe lace, dried flowers and twigs in there. No wonder it survived all through the summer and winter. My handpainted eggs look so cute in there! (I sent you one Sparkles!)
Then my cleaning lady came and brought me some pictures her Mom had and thought I would want. Uummm, YEAH!!! I want them! I am on Cloud Nine! They are charcoal portraits from the early to mid-1800s. They are about 24" by 18" in size. I love the little boy in his fancy clothes. He is 3 and 9months and his name is Jarwood Graham. I hope those are his parents! I will cherish these forever. I can't believe I have been in trusted with their legacy, but it is a task I don't take lightly. I will have to get a professional's opinion on how to store and archive them until I can have them framed. Just you wait!!! One day I will bore you all with my cabinet card and tintype collection! Get ready! LOL!!

8 comments:

Lori said...

Lucky!! I want a birds nest too!! I just saw 2 sparkled up on: my minutia and mizsmoochielips and they were too cute!! I LOVE those pictures also. Oh, I have something drying in the oven. Wanna take a guess? HUH?HUH?

Jamie said...

Are you serious?!!!! It wouldn't be a Perfectly Pleasing Piece of Porcine Paper Perfection, would it?!! You have been a busy little elf my dear! I am soooo excited!!!

Anonymous said...

Hi hi! Oh yes your bird must have been a fancy kind of nester!!

Absolutely, let's link! Do you mean I don't have you linked yet? My gawd, I am slipping!! I know I do love your site and loved the piece of art you made your realtor who didn't love it (bish!) as much as I did (see, you could have given it to me instead) and I thought I replied to that, but I am so scatterbrainedbutnotblonde that it is possible that I replied and didn't hit "publish comment" because I've been known to do that before. And then I'm like, dude... did you get your message? And they're like. Dude, whatchoo talking about. (you probably won't want to hear the whole conversation) Anyways, I need to go finish putting the grocerys up as my maid has not arrived. Like ever. I don't have one. So great to have "formally" met you now. Let's do this more often! Hehehe

Jamie said...

Smoochie-I only have a cleaning lady because I am REALLY bad about cleaning and my husband is a neat freak. It's the only way our marriage survives! LOL!

Sadie Olive said...

You are one lucky girl! I love the nest and the photos. :)

lindaharre said...

What a wonderful treat! Jamie, thank you so much for your comments on my blog. Always so sweet and uplifting:) hugs, Linda

Mippie said...

Oh, what a perfect nest!! And to have someone bring you photos?? A perfect day indeed!!! xo-Melfie

Artifax said...

Professional at your service :) In an acid free folder (or box if 3D) in a temp. controlled, and most importantly, light free environment. Believe it or not, under the bed is not a bad place :)

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails