Monday, April 16, 2007

Art and Asthma.....

Vintage photo reprint, vintage pocket watch parts (for his wings and wand), vintage watch faces, magazine cutouts, vintage sewing pattern, acrlics, vaseline, ink, gel medium and charcoal
I completed this piece this weekend. My baby is very sick (upper respiratory) so I haven't had much sleep. During the times he sleeps I am so worried about him I can't sleep so I have kept myself busy. I have to watch his asthma very closely since this bout is so severe. He keeps telling me he needs his "bref" back. It breaks my heart to see him like this. Night is the worst and during the day he only needs a treatment every 4 hours or so. Is it wrong that at around three am yesterday morning I was looking at all the empty Xopenex plastic tubes and wondering how I could alter them into charms? LOL! I need some rest. My husband took over day shift some so I could sleep, but sometimes only mommy will do. Sweet Bunny. Here he is at two this morning. Sometimes the drone of the nebulizer puts him to sleep.

11 comments:

Lori said...

Jamie, It makes me sad that your sweet little one is so sick. I hope he is better very soon.
I really love this collage. Watch parts for wings: pure genius!!
Prayers for your baby.............

Izabella Blue said...

oh Jamie...I know what you are going through...my lil 4 year old has it to (excercise induced asthma) it is the scariest when they start to have a cold...does your little one get really bad if he's sick?!

they say they grow out of it~ I took him off meds & just do an inhaler or neb when needed...I hate kids to be on drugs!

will keep you in my prayers my friend!!

xo ~Bella

Pam Aries said...

OH MY! I didn't know he has asthma. I can relate...I have the very same thing going on right now.. I have all that paraphnalia myself.!!! My asthma came on about 3 years ago.. first onslaught made me think how awful it must be for babies! I am so sorry! Bless his little heart. It is a terrible disease for kids. I hope he feels better soon. Isn't the news about Va. Tech just absolutly heart rending?

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Poor little fellow :( Liam had it too, I hated the nebulizer. I hope he outgrows it, poor guy

Stash said...

I love all the perspectives of the clock faces.
I love the concept of the child as the timekeeper because as mothers our children are the clocks that we all tick to.
Fantastic background: can you do that on a larger scale? I have some walls I need to faux ;-)
Sweet baby sleeping.
ly-C

www.stashstudios.com

Artifax said...

Oh Jamie! I hope your little guy feels better soon! I can relate to sick little ones and staying up all night, worrying and watching over them. ****Hugs*****. I'll be thinking of you both!

Anonymous said...

That pic is heartbreaking...What a poor little angel. Give him kisses for me.

Kathrine said...

Jamie,
I am soo sorry about your little man. My 2nd son had asthma and we had some rough bouts when he was younger. He's 17 now and thank God, hasn't had an episode in probably 7 years if not more.

God bless his little heart and you take care.

Tricia said...

oh jamie, my heart is going out to you and your little man. i hope is is better soon.
sending you a hug,

Anonymous said...

Oh your poor baby :( I hope he's getting his bref back :( If it's any consolation at all, your art is lovely. I hope baby feels better really soon.

Anonymous said...

Oh Jaime!!! That picture just breaks my heart. Carlos is going thru some stuff this week too. It's sooooo hard to see your baby sick! Hugs to you and your little one!!! Karin

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails