Monday, April 02, 2007

Trash-Tastic!!!!!


Today was Bulk Trash day in my hometown. We have them twice a month. Twice!!! A Month!!!! You can set out ANYTHING (refrigerators and other broken appliances) and the trashmen haul it off for you. It rocks. Well, not according to my husband, but anyhoo...

I figured I'd put this out pretty early into the blog just so everyone understands upfront how strange I am and can trim their links accordingly! LOL!! I don't "do" every bulk trash day, but sometimes I just know when it's the right time to go. (trash ESP?) Then you can find me driving up and down the streets looking in everyone's trash like a crazy baglady. I'm the same way with garage sales. I can pass 50, but be totally drawn to the next and I always find something cool. Today was one of those days. Here are the thrown away treasures I found:

I love those suitcases!! I love the labels also. There is another one on the smaller suitcase that says, "President Hotel- Bangkok, Thailand. How cool is that!!? The jewerly I found in a little basket that I didn't photogragh. The necklace is real gold baby! All of the gift bags have never been used and how cute is that Bunny bag? Score! Nothing like free stuff:) Are you embarrassed yet Mama? LOL!

10 comments:

Tammy said...

Wow...look at your loot!
Since I started making ATC's I'm looking at things differently before I toss them!

Artifax said...

Look at all your goodies! Garage sales can have such awesome finds.

Anonymous said...

First of all, you're killin me girl! Thank God for you in my life.

Second, who needs Warrenton? People are out there paying for stuff like this!

I love the suitcases, not so sure about the wooden chachki (sp).

Anonymous said...

Great finds! WOOO HOO! Congradulations! For FREE tooo! YOU GOO!

Mippie said...

Just popped over to say I don't mind if you add me as a link--as long as you don't mind if I do the same!!! Your blog is fantastic and I can't wait to read more!!! xo-Melfie

Mippie said...

And "don't mind" was a bad choice of words--I would be honored is more like it!! xo-Melfie

Anonymous said...

How do you know someone wasn't bebopping around, dropping cute items in people's dumpsters for goofballs like you to find? Perhaps it was the Dumpster Rabbit?
;)

Oh girl...you'll never guess what I bought today! Let's just say it involves a very high SQUEEEEEE! factor. I'll post about it on my blog tonight! {{HUGS}}

FrostingsNSparkles said...

LOL, you should move here! We have a garbage man across the street, who has the COOLEST stuff in his garage. Once a year his wife makes him get rid of stuff, and our whole block "shops" there! I found the most beautiful white desk last year. That bunny bag is so darn adorable, and the suitcases!! WOW!

Pam Aries said...

WOOO HOOO! Girl, you are after my own heart! Doncha jes' love it! nothing like a GREAT TrASH DAY! Most everything in my house was once a throwaway! I am SO glad we met! This is so much fun! I am enjoying my 'rediscovery' of Charleston! Laterrrrr......ps:what does 'trim a link' mean?

Hamza matar said...

Now the girl with blue in her eyes
She's back laughing, am still wondering, why I was captured by her eyes?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails