Friday, April 27, 2007

Artwords Entry #50....Woman...

He promised her the Moon and the Stars.
I turned the mother image into a transparency and then hand painted the background and cut out flesh toned paper for their faces. I'll need to work on that technique. It is not easy to get it to match exactly. I was messing around with what I wanted to show through on her shirt. I had a grammar primer from 1882 and it had a glossary in the back and "drudgery" was the first word that showed through so I went with that theme. I love the disapproving Mother-in-Law. My husband is very wary of this piece:) No hidden meaning Honey!
I will have my computer time back on Monday. I have really missed you guys and please don't think I am ignoring your sweet comments!

9 comments:

Lori said...

Well, I guess I'll just say HI since I can't see your art piece. Will look on son's computer later.

Anonymous said...

Wonderful work! Love it!
*HUGS*

Lori said...

Jamie, was over visitng Susan Tuttle and saw your piece posted there. I love it!! It is wonderful, all of the techniques that you used are fabulous.

Tammy said...

Wonderful!!
I got your package today...my daughter is so jealous...teehee!
I can't wait for a free day to work on some things I have in my mind...thanks ever so much!!

Stash said...

love the photo tinting!
love the "drudgery"!
love the theme!
love your use of photos!
www.stashstudios.com

Tricia said...

love this jamie! so great to see you over at artwords!

have a great weekend. :)

Anonymous said...

It's almost MONDAY!! I love drudgery - LOL! That's a grrreat piece :)

Anonymous said...

Your work is beautiful and inspiring!

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Now that everyone else has said it, its going to sound lame, but I LOVE IT!! The color, the photo, the text, love it!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails