Sunday, January 11, 2009

Lazy Sunday and a Blogger Award!...

I spent yesterday rearranging and cleaning out the cabinets over the washer and dryer. What a jumbled mess! Now they are beautiful and orderly:) Today is a lazy day that I have claimed for myself. One of the most important things I learned over the last year is that if YOU don't make time for yourself then nobody else will either. You have to create it and take it and guard it as yours. Like a bulldog. At first it felt selfish. Now it feels nurturing and soul soothing and empowering. I finally gave myself permission to take and not have it feel wrong. And it only took 39 years. And lots of therapy:)


Sweet Amy over at Amy Elise Designs has nominated me for a Kreativ Blogger award. Once you are nominated then you need to list 7 random things that you love. I thought about it and I decided to let my boys make the list for me. I was very curious (and scared) to see what they thought I loved. You can clearly see why they might scare me! LOL!!

So here is the list my sweeties created for me:

1. My Kids
2. Coffee (at least this wasn't #1 'cause I am not allowed to drink it anymore. I'm working on it:)
3. My i-phone
4. art
5. Daddy
6. Star Wars
7. Old stuff that nobody really cares about (LOL!!! That was the 8 year old:)

So, not as bad as I thought. Those are all good things to love. My list would have included my family, Archeology and tintypes.

Here is my list of wonderful artists who always inspire me:
Faerie Window

Vintage Papers

A Bird in the Hand

Ornamental

Before I Forget...

A Mark in Time

Tattered Edge

The Other Side of Somewhere

Take some time for yourself and visit these wonderful artists when you get a chance.

***Things I Am Thankful For Today: a clean house, loud and healthy boys, a space of my own to art and dream

4 comments:

Lori said...

hee hee, your boys came up with a nice list Miss Texas...i would be scared only to see what my boys would say my favorite things are...

Vintage Papers said...

I love the costumes - what fun!

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE LIST! If my kids made a list it would be pretty similar! Star Wars and all! I am crying laughing about #7! Old stuff nobody really cares about! LOL! If I say thrift store my kids hide! The only way to bribe them is to say the store might have marbles!

Claudia Mora said...

I wonder how long will the orderly cabinets will last! For me...usually 5 to 10 minutes. LOL... particularly in my craft room. ; )

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails