Saturday, June 16, 2007

From the Kitchen of...

First off look at my sweet boys "Arting" yesterday morning. My three year old is actually striking a pose for the camera with one hand on his hip. Very suave sweetie! Thank you for the watercolor book Mrs. Cheryl!!!
Ok. Lori at Faerie Windows tagged me for a recipe. Which if you haven't stoppped over to see her newest creation you are missing out 'cause he is precious!
So.You all know I don't cook so I concocted a simple meal which only takes 30 minutes tops. UNLESS you are taking pictures. And having some wine. So, honestly, I don't really know how long it would take to make it. At least it's easy. And there's wine involved:) So here's the most action my poor kitchen has seen in years. You might want to cover the children's eyes.
First you need red wine. Some to serve and some to use for the recipe. And music. Mazzy Star worked well.

And bread baked by someone that's not me:) I also served cooked shrimp and cocktail sauce as a before dinner snack.

List of ingredients:

  • 1 bunch fresh asparagus ( or broccoli or any other fresh veggie of choice)
  • 1 cup red wine
  • 1 teaspoon olive oil
  • 2 packages Fettuccine (I used the fresh 'cause it only takes three minutes)
  • 1 container Light Alfredo sauce ( I used some you can microwave 'cause I'm a loser in the kitchen:)
  • 2 pounds Fresh Sea Scallops (shrimp would do well too. Or chicken. Meat. Meat does well)
  • Salt'NPeppa
Add 1 teaspoon olive oil to medium hot skillet.

Add scallops and Mr. Salt.

Don't forget Mrs. Pepper.

And one for my Homeys.
Saute scallops until they are browned on both sides. I kept them in the pan about 10 minutes.
And don't try to screw the olive oil cap onto the uncorked bottle of wine just because you usually re-screw a cap after pouring a glass of wine. Just........no.
Add the asparagus to your boiling pasta water and cook for 3 minutes.

Zap it for two minutes.
Remove asparagus and add pasta and boil for 3 to 4 minutes. Drain pasta when done.

Scallops should look like this when they are done. Transfer everything to plates and serve.
TA-DAAA!!!!
Hey, at least it's not Lunchables.
Now run on over to Stash Studios for dessert!

12 comments:

Lori said...

i love your cute, pasta, scallops, asparagus people!!!! thanks for playing and this looks very yummy...i like how you took pics of all the steps...your boys are adorable...i think i could see all of the pics!!!

Lori said...

oh, I forgot to say: thanks for the plug!!!

allison strine said...

Yay! Jamie, this looks amazing! Thanks so much for checking in with me...that was so sweet! I'll be back!!

A bird in the hand said...

First I want to send your boys big squishy hugs -- they are adorable.

And, you have my admiration for the cooking with pictures (I wouldn't have the patience). It's a good thing I ate before I looked!!

That letter from Switzerland in a post below is amazing; the penmanship has be mesmerized!

xoxo

karlascottage.typepad.com said...

That looks wonderfully tasty!

Erin Earls said...

I LOVE scallops, I have never tried to make them at home, I might have to try this.
The boys are too cute!
hugs
Erin~

Anonymous said...

The boys are too cute!!! Looks delicious! However, I'm not cooking....I will be showing up for dinner at your place promptly at 7:00 pm.....Please have my wine waiting for me! :)

Heather Simpson-Bluhm said...

OMG Mazzy Star!! I had forgotten, must download to ipod....

xo
H

Pam Aries said...

WEll aren't you Miss Martha! Hee hee! ..Hey .where's the Shrimp and Grits???!!! Anytime wine is involved..it'll be good ! ha! ..Your boys are DARLING!

Artifax said...

What little cuties your guys are arting! And what a gourmet chef you are! I think I can hear the sizzle in the pan and smell the wine. Looks delicious!

P.S. Your little treasure should be arriving soon. I didn't send the usual email confirmation, since we were being sly :)

Elaine Kerr said...

Looks like one of my 'cheating' meals - the ones that at least look like I've been hard at work cooking. Thank goodness for Alfredo sauce (3 jars/package @ Costco). Gives a little bit more blog time, huh?

The Feathered Nest said...

Jamie, this dish looks so good!! I love the step by step photos too, I'm not a big seafood fan but I would eat this, girl! and your boys are such sweeties doing their arting like mom ~ xxoo, Dawn

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails