Monday, June 11, 2007

Free Image Tuesday and Home...

This cutie is one of the little girls I used for one of the tag swap girls. I think she is so precious!
This is the outside of a business letter from Sweden in 1863. I love it because it's such a beautiful blue, the handwriting is so elegant and you can still see the seal used to close it. Also the paper itself has such a wonderful rustle to it when it is handled. I LOVE the sound of old paper and old book pages. I wish I knew Swedish and I would know what it was about. Below is the invoice from the inside. No envelopes, just the contents folded and sealed. Very romantic, even if it's just a business letter:) These pages would make great backgrounds or papers for collage. Let us see what you create if you use them.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5RksdQrqLNs

"Home" by Zero 7. My new favorite song of the moment:)

15 comments:

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

You are so generous with all your free images. I am constantly amazed at the treasures you find! Like those ledgers!
I want to see more of your art, which is always fab!
XOXO

Anonymous said...

hey, thanks so much for the letter and ledger - I'm going to use them for some serious digital alterations when I come up for air - stay tuned!

www.stashstudios.com

Elaine Kerr said...

What a lovely blog you have - I'm so happy I came across it. Being new to this blogging stuff, there's a lot to catch up on. Must read more of it, then get back to 'arting'. A familiar term in our family from many years ago. Gramma did arting when she painted watercolors. Mommy - well, they still aren't sure what it is that I do!

Artifax said...

What wonderful images you always have! And it is so generous of you to share them with everyone for their "arting" pleasure. Someday I will need to get a decent printer and make something fab with your lovely images :)

P.S. I left you a secret message on my blog ....

Erin Earls said...

Always love the free images! It's a darn good price. Great song, love the music!

Anonymous said...

It's very thoughtful of you to give others free images like that. Wonderful post!
*HUGS*

Anonymous said...

I love this little image :)
So how's your week going? I'm already counting the days until the weekend again. Isn't that pathetic? I live to sleep in on the weekends... jeez, I must be getting old.

Lori said...

i love that little cutie!!! it's so nice of you to share, what a good girl!!!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Here is the secret to your dilema. Use Goldens Soft Gel Gloss...must be gloss not matte

Rose Garden Romantic said...

Lovely images!! Thank you so much for sharing! I can't wait to use them!
Michelle

Gypsy Purple said...

Thank you so much!!!

allison strine said...

oooh... your blog is delicious! I'm so glad I stumbled upon it!

Anonymous said...

hellooooo? can you hear me banging my knife and fork on the table? that watermelon salad made me hungry ;-)

www.stashstudios.com

ps - and now I see the blue....

Vintage Papers said...

thank you so much for sharing this! I have downloaded her and can't wait to create something with the photo. She is charming! :)

deb said...

Thanks for this lovely image Jamie, I have added her to my ever growing collection of wonderful images, just need to decide what to make with her now.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails