Tuesday, June 05, 2007

Free Image Tuesday and Arting....

My three year old calls it "Arting" when I am working on a project. "Momma, are you arting now?" I think I will never call it anything else again. Well, I am arting and it is flowing so well. You know that feeling you have when everything is coming together just like your head envisioned? It is rare, but a total high when it happens. By the way, run on over to Cheryl at Stash Studios and see the wonderful frames featured today. She took Corey Moortgat's design and made it all her own. I LOVE them!!!!

Here are your free images for this Tuesday. The first is a book about the history of France. It was published in 1884 so no etching of the Eiffel Tower. I believe it was meant to be a child's book since it claims that it is written all in words of one syllable:) It has wonderful illustrations but sadly is falling apart from the binding.
Next is a photo of sweet Jennie Sliza. She looks like a teacher to me for some reason. I love her dress and the background used by the photographer. If you look on the table beside her there is a cabinet card photo leaned against the books. Possibly of her mother. It was a common practice to do this if someone close to you had passed away as a remembrance. Also the book she is holding looks to be a family photo album. Cool stuff!!

11 comments:

FrostingsNSparkles said...

Fantastic photos!!! "Arting" is so cute!!

Sharon Tomlinson said...

Love your "arting" and free images.
And yes that would be so cool for you to post your results from my little tutorial and link to me. Don't you just love this web thingy?

Lori said...

i am doing some "arting" myself after i turn off this computer!! {that is sooo cute!! } LOVE Cheryl's frames!!! looking forward to my mail this week.... hey, dress forms arrived, stay tuned...

Anonymous said...

Thanks girl!
The book is fabtastic and I would write more but I must go art.

he-he
www.stashstudios.com
Cheryl

Erin Earls said...

I have been arting all week. It feels so good! I love that photo, the woman in the photo looks to have either the same dress, or the same style dress on. love things like that.

Artifax said...

"Arting" ... I love it! So cute!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful photo's thank you for sharing them! Love this post!
*HUGS*

Susan Tuttle said...

Great freebies Jamie--thanks so much!

Thank you also for the very sweet blog comment!

Happy arting--lol!

Susan
xox

Unknown said...

you have such a talent for describing the detail of these ledgers and books. and i will add arting to my vocabulary. it says it all! fran

Tricia said...

wow jamie! thank you for your awesome freebie images. i love the one with the cabinet card on the table...doesn't it look like the background in the cab card and the photo itself are the same?
love it!

Elizabeth Golden said...

I think she is wearing the same dress as the woman in the cabinet card - her Mother? great photo
p.s. your boys are darling... I have five and yours remind me of a couple of mine when they were younger.

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails