Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Free Image Tuesday...EBAY find...Journal page...


Look!!! Sweet Mrs. Nancy Maxwell James of Vintage Papers made a card with one of my free images!!!! Yeah! It is a beautiful card. Thank you Nancy. I am tickled that you used it and shared with us:)


This is a full plate tintype I recently purchased. It is about 8 by 6 in size, so large for a tintype photo. The coolest thing about it to me is that I think it is a tintype copy of an ambrotype photo. So it really is one of the earliest forms of photocopy. Cool, huh? You can see the edges of the ambrotype and where the original photo had been in an oval frame. I also love the little girl and the sad face of the mother.

This next photo I found on EBAY and it went way to high for my pocket book:) But I wanted to share it because it's so unusual. Poor little things. At least they were found and taken care of by someone who cared. You can enlarge the back of the photo to read about them. It says,"I found them in a stable on one of the coldest days in winter without fire, or clothing. Their bed was in the dirty straw taken from under the horses. Parents drunk and of the most unpromising kind."


This is a journal page.

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow girl - I love the photo + story of the three girls - I wish you had won it - they would have had such a good home with you

thanks for sharing your journal page - in light of some of those green meanies, your honesty and view was refreshing - you know what Jerry says, if you women folk would just work together and stop pretending and stop falling prey to your own insecurities, you would be amazed at your collective power

Stash

Artifax said...

What a heartbreaking story about the three little girls. I've glad someone took the time to annotate the photo like that - to help pass their story down throught the years.

And I love that birdcage you found! It's wonderful!

Anonymous said...

I love to visit your blog! You always find such neat photos, and your creations are always inspriations!!

Anonymous said...

Your journal page is totally THE coolest!!!

Lori said...

where do i begin...card is fabulous...such a sad little story on the photo...LOVE the journal page, too FABULOUS!!! this post is full of wonderful little goodies...

Gillian said...

Hiya Jamie, I've just discovered your GORGEOUS blog through Nancy's, and I am so delighted to have found you...your ART is inspirational! just love everything you do... You are so kind offering such beautiful free images, thankyou :O)

ps... I hope you don't mind I'm just going to add you to my link list on my blog :O)

Anonymous said...

those dear sweet faces of the little girls....imagine how much they must have loved each other. you have an amazing collection of old photos. and eggcellent journal pages.;]

Pam Aries said...

Jamie... the card of the three girls was incredible! Imagine!!! I love your journal too! What IS going on with the eggs...hmmmm..I wonder what the underlying meaning is...ha!

Corey said...

Love the piece, Jamie! I love how the entire background is text, and the inside of the birdcage is blank. And the eggs you're painting are gorgeous!! You're certainly right about us all being 13 year old girls- both in our insecurities and our maliciousness.

lindaharre said...

What a touching photo!!!! Isn't it wonderful when you get a piece of the history in writing:) Poor babies.....I wonder what they would think if they knew their picture was being seen by so many? I love the journal page.....looks like it took you quite awhile to complete:) hugs, Linda

Anonymous said...

Great photos! Thank you for sharing them with us! :)
*HUGS*

lindaharre said...

Jamie.....are you the same Jamie that just purchased a piece from me? Just wondering since I don't know your last name:) Linda

Vintage Papers said...

oh your images are soooo cool! love what you have shared..and thank you for displaying my card.
Can't wait to try all the cool things you share!

Mippie said...

Jamie--

What a thought provoking post... Those three little girls--you can't help but think about what the "after" in their story was and your journal page--so pretty to look at and then you read your message and think about the truth of it... Your work is always amazing! xo-Mel

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails