Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentine's Day!!!..

My Sweet and Thoughtful Friends. Coming here and reading your words of encouragement has been the best medicine for me. After all the worry we had the decision was taken from us by the surgeon. He said my Father-in-law would never survive the surgery and that he would not operate on him now or ever. So we just keep the status quo and continue on our path. Today on the way home from the hospital he did not remember coming to the hospital or the angiogram he had on Thursday. I know that the rest of the hospital stay will slip from his memory in the coming week and that will be that. I can't thank you all enough for taking the time to leave me such lovely messages of support. I probably should not post when I am so upset next time:)



On a brighter note, I contacted all my OWOH winners and I want to share the Valentine's card I made for my husband and the Valentine's gift he gave to me.

I have been wanting to use this RPPC photo for so long and finally came up with a use for it:)

This is the BEAUTIFUL bouquet of flowers he had sent to the house on Friday. It has Calli lilies and two different types of orchids and roses and roses and roses:) It is the most beautiful arrangement and smells heavenly.





I hope everyone is having a wonderful weekend and getting lots of Arting done:) Love, Jamie

10 comments:

Tiedupmemories said...

So sorry to hear about your news. I'm wishing you a lot of strength and brighter days. Cute Valentine!Those flowers are beautiful!Lovely arrangement
Tracy

Terri said...

Jamie
Please resend you info to my
e-mail address. I didn't come through ...
BloomingIdeasMI@aol.com
hugs
Terri

Laurie said...

What an adorable card! The flowers are gorgeous - love the colors and your photos are so vivid I can almost smell them myself!

Paula said...

Jamie,

What an ADORABLE card! I couldn't help but giggle when I read it! And what beautiful flowers! Just gorgeous!

I know what a tough time you are going through with your father-in-law. We are going through much of the same situation with my Grandmother. She is 92 years old. It is so difficult to see someone who was once so strong take a downturn due to dementia and age-related illnesses. All of her care is being done by my sweet parents, and they are exhausted. As much as they love her, and would do anything for her, the constant caretaking takes its toll. Know that I will be thinking of you and praying for your strength and your father-in-law's health.

Paula

Ottilias Veranda said...

I found Your lovely blog through the OWOH and I´m sorry to hear about your father in law. But it´s amazing that we can share our lives with eachother this way! I like Your blog very much and I hope You don´t mind me adding You to my bloglist?

Liisa

Unknown said...

Hi Jamie. Sorry to hear about your FIL. It is so hard as they get on in years. I'm sending positive, happy thoughts to you and your family.
The card you made for you hubby is too funny! I chuckled when I read it and noticed the little girls face. lol Bet he got a kick out of it, too.
Your flower arrangement is stunning! So vibrant and just gorgeous! Bet it smells nice too.
hugs,
Tammy

Thistle Cove Farm said...

And that's one of the worst things about dementia...they don't remember but you do and sometimes it's simply overwhelming. They don't remember the rude things they said or nasty names they called you but you do. Try and forget though, try not to remember or it will drive you round the bend.
Ask me how I know -smile-.
Those flowers are BEEEYOUUUTIFULLL! Your man is a keeper!
Happy V-Day.

Tami said...

BEAUTIFUL flowers, Jamie, and at such a perfect time too when you needed cheering up!

Also, I tried to write you this weekend but I don't think it went through-will you please e-mail me so that maybe it will work-sorry to bother you!
HUGS,
Tami

Lori said...

Jamie, i am glad that you don't have to make that decision re: your FIL...your card is cracking me up...hee hee:) what gorgeous flowers...such a good hubby you have!!!

Tacey said...

I'm so sorry to hear about your father-in-law, Jamie. I know how difficult it can be as I went through this with my father. My thoughts are with you!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails