Tuesday, February 17, 2009

FIT Sweeties...Ragamuffins And Art Creations Friday...

These first two photos are your FITs for this week. Are they not so sweet?!!! I love the brothers and sister. And little sweet Angel standing on the chair:)



Both of these photographs are Real Photo Post Cards. These post cards were very popular in the early 1900's and were very affordable. The RPPC was able to be taken outdoors and in home settings. Many people who could not afford formal photos were able to have portraits made with this process. During this time there were traveling photographers who went from town to town taking RPPC photographs. Many times they went to areas where the families had no access to photo studios.


The FITS for today are from families that are doing well, but I also love the photos of children who did not have on their Sunday best and who lived in poorer families. I call them my Ragamuffins and they are no less loved than my "beautiful" photos. Here are a few of my favorites.
He is my favorite. His dress and face are filthy, but he is happy and playing. I just want to scoop him up in my arms and hug on him a little while.


This Momma looks so tired and worn to me. I bet she is still in her twenties. You can tell she is proud of her sweet children.


This little one hanging on to her Mother's finger looks confused about what is happening:)

This is my entry to Art Creations Friday from last week. Sorry I was late Ladies! I just got around to it today:) We had to make something using this awesome background Wil created. I colored an image from my collection in Photoshop and then cut out and reassembled parts of the background from Wil to create an illustion of depth. I hope. LOL!!! That was my goal anyway:)

13 comments:

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Thanks for the sweet children this week!!

Artifax said...

I like the little ragamuffins! They are so endearing and sweet for just being their everyday selves. I am so sorry for all that your family is going through with your father-in-law. Nobody who has not been there can know what it's like. {{{{hugs}}}}

Unknown said...

Wow, what wonderful images! So pretty. Thanks for sharing them. I am not technologically advanced enough to use them. ;O I really need to get with the program. lol
Have a lovely evening.
Tammy

Terri said...

These are all so darling. Thanks for sharing and I like what you did with the photoshoped image.

Femmy said...

this is perfect Jamie!! great card!!

Lori said...

what great pictures...i really love that little one on the chair, i want to squeeze those chubby legs:)
i think you have totally created depth in your art creations piece...great job!!!

Tacey said...

Beautiful image for ACF, Jamie. I love your pictures, and my favorites are your ragamuffins! They are so adorable I just want to hug them!

Thistle Cove Farm said...

Hey Gal...did you get my virtual tea cozy?

Hmmmm...perhaps not.

How 'bout sending me, privately, your snail mail address.

Everything goes out before end of month, including me - LOL.

vintage wil said...

wow Jamie this is beautiful! great image!!!
.
Thanks for this lovely entry to ACF

Patti G. said...

Oh thank you for the darling children for Tuesday freebie! WOW, you are so kind Jamie!

Your layering technique came out great! DEPTH, yes yes, well achieved! It looks super!
Thinking of you!
Hugs,
Patti

Faye said...

Love your photos. And your ACF entry really is awesome.

daisy said...

Here from the ACF link - I luv how you have used the background. Beautiful.

Cindy said...

LOVE that little face on the one in the chair...what a sweet heart!

-c
yapping cat

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails