Sunday, May 27, 2007

Happy Memorial Day Weekend and Cupcake Swap.....

I hope everyone is having a wonderful long weekend. We are having storms and rain and that's just fine with me. We have been under drought restrictions for over a year now, so any rain is good rain! Plus, the boys like to run around like maniacs in it:)
Cupcakes made from Paper Clay and covered with 1883 German text, rhinestones, paper box, Basic Grey papers, vintage Swedish tart tins, vintage photo reprint from my collection, acrylics, varnish, epoxy, glue and stain medium.


My husband pretty much has taken over the computer until Tuesday , but I wanted to stop in and post pictures of my cupcake swap. Sweet Colleen over at Frostings and Sparkles is hosting it and it will be shipped off tomorrow. I hope my partner likes it because I'm not a real glitter girl. This swap had me nervous because I have never done any kind of cupcake anything before. But, it's always nice to explore new stuff and discover new mediums. I used paper clay for the first time and I really love it. It is so much easier to work with than polymer clay and a lot more forgiving. I may experiment some more with it in the future. I received a beautiful tag from Karin and I used some of the tissue paper she used to wrap the tag in as part of the cupcake cup. I loved being able to use my vintage Swedish metal tart molds. Lord knows they would never see the inside of an oven at my house:) I covered the paper clay cupcake with 1883 German text and then stained it pink and added rhinestones for bling. I covered the round box with Basic Grey paper and then antiqued it with ink. Here you go Miz Smoochie!!! The sweet little girl can sit on top if you like, but she is not attached:) See you all tomorrow!

7 comments:

Lori said...

well, i am just really MAD that I can't see this.....pink AND glitter???? will check out tomorrow you know where and get back to you!!!

Stash said...

I LOVE THEM J! They are every bit as cute as I had expected from your description. Smoochie's got to love them! Raisin' the bar for all of us my dear!

www.stashstudios.com

A bird in the hand said...

Just wonderful! And I love your tags below.

Hope you're feeling better xo

Erin Earls said...

I love EVERYTHING!! The cupcakes are just too cute! I love the box!! They fit just so well with the shoes.

lindaharre said...

This whole thing is wonderful! The cupcakes are great! Love the antique tins:) Love the photo of the girl, shoes and WOW, the box too!!!!! Great still-life:)

Lori said...

well isn't this odd, today i can see your cupcakes in all of their wonderful glory!!! did you switch out the pic??? again i say: lucky, lucky Miz!!!

Anonymous said...

Oh sweeeet! that is for meee?! Oh my gawgaw, I'm thrilled!! I seriously can not wait!!

Ok, now for the "i'm a slacker" news. I can not explain how hectic this week has started off. But short of my daughter being suspended from school tomorrow (thanks to her whole hair saga which continues) I haven't had a chance to get to the post office because of dealing with the school board today and probably again tomorrow.

Long story short, I promise to GOD that I will get your package mailed out before the end of the week. Are you cool with that?

I'll let you know the minute I make it back from the posty. K?

Wuv you tonz! And if you haven't mailed yours yet, don't break your neck doing so.

I hope you had a great Memorial weekend...

ok, I need to get to bed. Must prepare to meet the queen biotch of the school tomorrow...

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails