Friday, March 06, 2009

A Whole Heap of FITS...Disney Here We Come!..Pitter Patter...

We are leaving Saturday morning for a week long trip to Disney World!! I have been busy packing and getting us ready. So I am posting enough FITs (Free Image Tuesdays) for this week AND next. The boys are so excited (and so is Momma!) and David will be celebrating his 9th birthday while we are there. We are staying in a Villa in the Animal Kingdom Park and we will be able to see the wildlife right from our balcony. They even give you night vision goggles so you can watch the animals in the dark!! How cool is that?!

First off, here is a FIT for my Posse of Paper Cowgirls!! We are going to have so much fun in June girls! This is a Real Photo Post Card. I have several of this same young lady at different times of her life. She is unidentified, but on the back of one of the post cards it says, "How do you like this one, Uncle? Love, Snookums" So, Snookums she is!
This Sweet Cutie is ADORABLE!!! I love the wilted flower he is clutching in his little hand. Sweet boys make me swoon:)


This Precious Little Girl is named Mildred Stowell. What is she doing in the photo? Well, the back tells us that, "Kittie scratched her" So she is looking at her booboo. Poor, sweet Mildred. I love the coloring of the photo and her big, pink bow:)


I included this Sweet Piece of Vintage Eye Candy for next week. He's so handsome and if you look closely he has a photo pin of his sweetheart on his jacket. Lucky Girl!


Now, this cabinet card is truly one of my favorites! As you know, I was a teacher for 10 years before the boys came and I loved it and still miss the classroom. This is a class photo of a teacher and her students. They look like they are very well to do girls. They are all so beautiful and dreamy looking to me. I really love the poses the photographer placed them into for the picture. I am sure they were a close group of girls. The added bonus to this cabinet photo is that all of the students and the teacher are identified on the back. It's a rare combo of a perfect photo and personnal identification.

A few weeks ago Sweet Colette asked, "What makes your heart go pitter-patter?" My antique/vintage flower frog collection made me happy this week. The boys like to stack them up and hang Lego men from them:) What made you happy this week?


14 comments:

Lori said...

are you teasing me with the flower frogs...LOL

LOVE your fits today Miss Texas...that little boy is JUST precious...he reminds me of my boys bringing me drooping dandelion bunches when they were young...

Tina(Taken over by her daughter, Nicole) said...

Thanks for the photos! you're the best!! Have fun at Mickey's house!!

Anonymous said...

Oh I'm sure you boys will have so much fun in Disneyland :-)

Again love your old photos! I wonder what Snookums are (in case it's just a term of endearment). And the little boy is so adorable holding the flower :-) What a cutie.

I also wonder, are there still men who still have the courage to display a photo of their sweetie where everyone can see? :-)

Lorri said...

Hi Sweetie,
Have a wonderful time - you deserve it :)
xo

Chris Stone said...

Enjoy Disney world! and I love the wilted flower.

Corey said...

hi Jamie, thank you so much for your congrats! And you are too sweet to send me baby cards and planters, but I certainly won't say no to them-ha ha!!!

I was really interested to read about the suntans on the hands of the children in the cabinet cards from your earlier post- I'm going to have to go look at some of mine to see if I can see tans...

Have fun at Disneyworld! You'll hit it at a perfect weather time. I'm just a couple hours north, and our weather's gorgeous right now. We're going in May, and I fear we'll be pretty hot, but oh well- the kids love it anyway!

Laurie said...

Oh I love Disney World - have an awesome time! What made me happy this week? Finally hearing from one of my professors with feedback on 7 weeks worth of homework (well, not quite all of it, but a good start.) I can't wait to hear about your trip!

Stephenie said...

What a fun post. Love all the pictures. I have to tell you, that little boy with the wilted flower. Reminds me so much of my son when he was little.
Stephenie

Coralie Cederna Johnson said...

Have fun on your vacation!

I love your vintage photos!!!

Patti G. said...

Jamie, THanks for the images and I RECEIVED MY OWOH package........THANKS SO MUCH!
Great ledger papers,I am soooooooo happy! I hope Mickey gives you a hug! Enjoy your vacation in the magical place! :0) Hugs,Patti
I posted about you on blog too!

Anonymous said...

Jamie, I received my ledger paper that I won in your OWOH giveaway! It is simply beautiful! Thank you so much! The photos are sweet!

Charlene said...

I hope you have a wonderful time at Disney! I am sure you will. I received my package from you & love the two photos I purchased. Thanks for the FIT's

Vintage Papers said...

I hope you have a wonderful time on your trip! Love the images - so sweet!

*jean* said...

hope you're having a lovely time! i received my collage sheets and have used one already! hope you have time to stop by sometime and see...

thank you!!

*jean*

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails