Wednesday, March 04, 2009

Here's a Few FIWs...

Butterfly Boy

Digital collage using FIT images (boy and tintype) and antique butterfly print.

It's Free Image Wednesday! Sorry! LOL!! I guess it's better than a FIF or a FIS:) These are two Carte de Visita photographs from the late 1800s. They are not from the same family, but I think they look like Brother and Sister. Both children are beautiful and would make great collage subjects. I am working on one using the boy:) See above. My blending skills leave ALOT to be desired, but I am happy with how the wings turned out. David says they are freaking him out and that I am going to scare people away from my blog. LOL!!!

Things I Am Thankful For Today: My Health, My Family and My Friends

12 comments:

Tiedupmemories said...

Lovely photos! Thank you fo sharingthem! Me too! I'm thankful for my health,family and friends!!!
Tracy

Tiedupmemories said...

For sharing them!LOl!

Lori said...

hey Miss Texas!!!
hope all is well with you and your family:)
great images!!!

Chris Stone said...

love the pictures... particularly the boy one!

Charlene said...

The children are beautiful! And they do look like brother & sister. Thank you for sharing them. I get so confused with all the letters. FIT, FIF.... Help explain to us new kids on the block.

Jamie said...

LOL Charlene! Sorry. It stands for Free Image Tuesdays. But this week I was late and had a Free Image Wednesday:) Love, Jamie

Faye said...

Fantastic. Love this photo. I wish I knew how you did the blurry frame around it. I have Photoshop Elements but I haven't found anything that would do that. Can you email me and let me know how?
hastingshall2@yahoo.com
Faye

Lorri said...

Oh Jamie, I think you have done a wonderful job with the boy..... Thank you for sharing them. oh, and don't worry about your H's comments, sometimes they just don't get it!! (haha)
I have a little award for you on my blog :)

Anjas-Artefaktotum said...

I think it is a very great art work!!!The background edges color blending are perfect! The card is unique excellent, I love it much.

Have a nice weekend,
Anja

Tacey said...

Jamie, these are wonderful pictures, and I really like your collage with the little boy! Your blending skills are excellent!

Anonymous said...

I like the photos! Everything looks nice. This is something I want to learn!

Artifax said...

I think your wingwork is very nice! FITS and FIWS .. you crack me up girl!

Thankful for all sorts of good things here too!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails