Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Good to be Back in Blogland....Art....Free Image Tuesday.....

Did ya miss me? I missed you!!!!! I am so happy to be back and getting back into a routine. Mom's visit was awesome and the boys and I miss her terribly. She is such a fun grandma and spends all her time playing with the boys. They love it! Except for her getting sick, it was a perfect visit.

I spent yesterday cleaning out my art closet (really, it's my clothes closet, but who cares about clothes?) and I have come to the conclusion that I have too much stuff!!!! I better start making some art on a more regular basis and stop buying things! LOL!! I am making it a goal to end the spending and I am only buying supplies like glue, gesso or having copies made of photos. Really. Promise:) I am going to really try hard. I pretty much have everything I need right now. It's just hard to get past the "wants but doesn't need" thing I have going on right now. So my goal is less spending and more arting!!!! Here is the piece I just finished this morning.


Here is the free image. I don't know anything about this cutie except that the photo was taken in Guilford, ME. I think her eyes are fabulous! If you use her let me know and I will post your art:)

Tomorrow I am going to post and show you all the wonderful things I have received from the postman since I've been gone. I am blessed. It may take some time to get around to you all today, but that's my goal:)

10 comments:

Erin Earls said...

Oh I am so glad you had a good visit with your mom. I am happy you are back too. I think it is part of the arting thing that you have to become a collector of art supplies.

Anonymous said...

Welcome home!
What do you MEAN, you have too many clothes!? Is that even possible?! Heh heh!

Love that new piece you put together!!! And the free image is soooo cute!

Pam Aries said...

GIRLFRIEND!!! You know I missed you! I , too, have been trying to use up all my art extras! I have WAY too much! ....IT IS HOT...humid..HOT around here ...as you remember! I am keeling over!

Anonymous said...

I have missed you and you know it girl! LOLOLOL Welcome back! Ya know what I do with extra stuff, I make art out of it! Anything and everything that I can think of! :) I'm sooo glad your back girl! :) *HUGS*

Lori said...

Hi Texas!!! well, per usual i can't see your pictures, aaargh!!! but i can't help wondering how strong your resolve will be if you stumble upon some fantastic ledgers, hhhhhmmmmm???
...could you start emailing me your blog posts so i don't miss anything :)...

The Feathered Nest said...

Yes! I missed you! I love looking in on your blog and your comments are always so sweet on mine. You are so kind to offer us free images ~ such a special treat when I visit! I need to do the same thing more making and less collecting but dear, the collecting is half the fun!! xxoo, Dawn

Lisa Oceandreamer Swifka said...

Welcome back! So happy you had such a great visit with your mom!
Your art piece is amazing!
You know I get the "I wants" on a frequent basis and not only can it prove costly I am fast running out of room for everything. eeek!(ask me if that actually stops me?)LOL!
I have SO many projects waiting to be done I need a few extra hands!
You were missed!
XOXO

Sue said...

Jamie, I just love your blog and thank you for sharing the great images!! I used the little girl you posted today on a project and it is posted on my blog. I am a novice so it is nothing great but I sure appreciate the image and the inspiration on your blog!

Anonymous said...

Oh yes..... I remember those promises to myself well. All those "broken" promises of not buying more until I create more...... Stay strong.....if need be you can always call me and I'll walk you off the ledge at the flea market and art supply shop..... :)

Missed you! But it sounds like you all had a great time!!

stamp and scrape said...

I love this little girl - thank you for sharing. I like the eggs/balloons you have given her to hold on your work, that's very original.
Here's how I used her.
Ros
http://stampandscrape.blogspot.com/2007/09/you-big-softie.html

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails